Your garage door is an important part of your home. It allows you to come and go at the press of a button, without forcing you to get out of your car in bad weather. It’s also an important element of security: you want your garage door to latch securely so that when you aren’t at home, no one can access your home without your consent.
When the time comes to install or repair your garage door, you want a professional to come in and take care of the task. Often, a professional can help save you money in the long run by ensuring that you have the exact components you need. Having problems with your garage door? Professional garage door repair can identify the exact problem or problems your garage door is having, preventing you from needing to spend extra money on solutions from an internet search that only “might” identify the real problem.
Hire a Professional
If you need professional garage door installation or repair, we’re here to help! At Ace Overhead Door, we provide a variety of services:
- Installing the first garage door on your family’s property, so you’re sure to get a great fit and a garage door that will run smoothly for years to come.
- Installing a new garage door when you move into a new home. If you want a garage door that offers the latest technology, including smooth, quiet open and close, we’re here to help!
- Replacing a garage door that simply is no longer working as it should. Over time, your garage door ages just like other mechanical items throughout your home. Replacing it lets you enjoy the latest technology in your existing garage.
- Repairing a garage door that isn’t working as it should be. When you have problems with your garage door, turn to us to ensure that your garage door will be back to operating at peak efficiency. If you need a garage door repair, we’ll identify the problem, let you know what it is, and work with you to come up with a solution that will have your garage door operating properly again.
How Much Does It Cost to Install a New Garage Door?
A new single garage door generally costs between $500-$800. There are several factors that can influence the cost of your installation, including the existing equipment on your garage, the material your garage is built out of, and the area in which you live. What you want from your garage door–how fancy it is, for example–can also influence installation cost. Premium garage doors can run $2,000 or more, depending on your needs.
How Much Does It Cost to Install a Two-Car Garage Door?
Installing a two-car garage door can cost as little as $800 to as much as $3,500, depending on the materials used, the speed at which you need it installed, and what materials are necessary to complete your installation. In installing a two-car garage door, you may need to incorporate additional labor as well as larger materials.
What is the Best Material for Garage Doors?
Garage doors can be made of a variety of materials: wood, steel, aluminum, fiberglass, and vinyl, among others. Which garage door material you choose will depend on a variety of factors:
- What kind of “look” are you going for? Your garage door is a very large feature on your home, so you want to be sure that it fits with your design plans.
- How much can you afford to spend? How much do you want to spend? Deciding on your budget before you begin your garage door installation project can help you avoid overspending.
- How secure do you want your garage door to be? Steel, for example, is extremely inflexible and better positioned to stand up to harsh weather conditions. Aluminum is easier to bend and dent than steel, but it may also be less expensive to repair.
- How soon do you expect to need to repair or replace your garage door? Fiberglass, for example, can give you the appearance of wood with greater durability.
Talk with your garage door installer about the materials they work with to better decide what garage door material will work best for you.
What are the Different Types of Garage Doors? Which One is Best?
There are several different types of garage doors to choose from. The best one will depend on your specific needs, your budget, and how often you plan to be in and out of your home via the garage door; however, there are several things to consider. You’ll need to take into consideration what you want your garage door to look like as well as the space you have available in your garage–including what space is already in use for storage, since you may have to clean out your garage to install certain types of doors.
Sectional Garage Doors
Sectional garage doors are made up of panel sections that bend over the curved portion of a track as they raise and lower. Sectional garage doors sit flat on their rails close to the ceiling when they are open and lower smoothly to the ground when they’re closed.
Are you ready to start repairing, replacing, or installing your garage door? If so, we can help. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can keep your garage door running smoothly.